Team Asshole SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPL Team forum, pictures, videos, builds, advice.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Google bot? What do they do?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DeadlySones

DeadlySones

Google bot? What do they do? Empty
PostSubject: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:53 pm

Just noticed we got a google bot a little while back. It's quite illusive and doesn't show up much. I was able to track it, even though it's anonymous, here is it's google map location. This is where its coming from.

It appears to be coming from a naval air station on the West Coast but the map never actually pinpoints the actual location so the person is close to the naval station though.

Google bot? What do they do? Googlebot
Back to top Go down
DeadlySones

DeadlySones

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:01 pm

lol, funny how it was there the whole time I tracked it, but logged out as soon as I made the post. lol
Back to top Go down
DeadlySones

DeadlySones

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Matt, heres some reading material for you about them.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googlebot

Something about a way for them to stop sucking up you bandwidth.
Back to top Go down
ross_freier

ross_freier

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:02 pm

the bot is baaaccckkkk
Back to top Go down
DeadlySones

DeadlySones

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:16 pm

Sure was, came from the same location again. This thing could be killing Matts bandwidth. Evil or Very Mad

Going to have to find a way to stop it. Or maybe block it's IP. I'll track it better next time. Everytime I track it, it disappears in seconds. lol

Here another google map of where it come from. I didn't zoom in super close this time. They are in Cali.

[url=Google bot? What do they do? Bot2[/url]
Back to top Go down
ross_freier

ross_freier

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:19 pm

its coming from the google head office dealy
Back to top Go down
DeadlySones

DeadlySones

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:24 pm

No matter what, they taking up our BANDWIDTH and ARE NOT WANTED, lmao. I can't get their IP address to block them. I think only Matt can block bots IP's.

Last edited by N130Gv2 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ross_freier

ross_freier

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:25 pm

all he need to do is write a small piece of code for the site and that will stop it, but i'm sure he doesn't kno how and neither do i
Back to top Go down
DeadlySones

DeadlySones

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:26 pm

I know. You are right, this is their exact address, lol. This is where they are coming from. It's actually a little west of the Naval field.

Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Back to top Go down
ross_freier

ross_freier

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 pm

so i just checked it all out, a google bot is a good thing, all it does is scan the posts so that when anyone searchs on googl if something is related to the site then the site will come up, the more it is on the site the closer to the top of the search page the site will be, they don't use up large amounts of bandwidth.
Back to top Go down
DeadlySones

DeadlySones

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:34 pm

SO, the bot has been logged in all day now, I hope they are paying Matt for their ad space. Notice our new ads?
Back to top Go down
ross_freier

ross_freier

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:41 pm

this is a free forum, there has to be atleast one ad on the site
Back to top Go down
DeadlySones

DeadlySones

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:58 pm

LMAO, I guess your right, lol
Back to top Go down
Mat-Romain
Admin
Mat-Romain

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:37 am

they are paying me 1200 a week!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://teamassholespl.forumotion.com
DeadlySones

DeadlySones

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:27 am

YA..... wish it was that easy. lmao You'd have ads on every inch of space. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mat-Romain
Admin
Mat-Romain

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:50 pm

hhahaha, i wanna get rid of that add tho
Back to top Go down
https://teamassholespl.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Google bot? What do they do?   Google bot? What do they do? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Google bot? What do they do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Asshole SPL :: Off Topic :: Anything Goes/Off Topic-
Jump to: